This is a part-time, 24 hour per week position.
Performs selected clinical and clerical duties that assist in patient care working within LincolnHealth’s (LH’s) Medical Assistant Scope of Practice.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs):
- At least 1 year experience as Medical Assistant and National Healthcare Association Clinical Medical Assistant Certification, American Medical Technology’s Registered Medical Assistant, or current AAMA Certification (Certification required as per CMS credentialed Medical Assistant ruling.) Demonstrated knowledge of medical office procedures. Knowledge of medical terminology. Demonstrated knowledge of computer systems, and applications with necessary typing or computer skills.
- Completes continuing education and/or successfully completes re-certification exam as required to maintain Certification.
- Successfully completes LH’s annual education and competency requirements.
- Current employees who have completed probationary period: Meets or exceeds skills as measured on annual performance appraisal; No verbal warnings within past 6 months; No written disciplinary actions within past year.
- Current CNA certificate: or MA certification through an NCCA accredited program preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos; ability to write simple correspondence; ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers; ability to perform operations using units of American money and weight measurements, volume, and distance.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.