This position is eligible for a sign on bonus for a registered nurse with greater than one year of experience and a 12-month commitment.
Loan forgiveness, tuition assistance and relocation assistance is available.
- Current MaineHealth employees are not eligible for sign on bonus.
- Candidates must be separated for greater than 6 months to be eligible.
This is a full time role, supporting the day and evening shifts.
- Position Summary
- Under the oversight and direction of the Acute and Critical Care Management Team, the Clinical Nurse Educator contributes to the overall strategic plan for nursing focusing on both clinical practice and professional education and development. Through the inter woven practice elements of leader, educator, facilitator, change agent and clinical expert, the Clinical Nurse Educator will promote the provision of quality care, patient safety, evidence based practice, and professional progression in nursing. The Clinical Nurse educator is responsible for educational demands and services associated with 24 hour clinical staff needs, and will routinely provide direct patient care to maintain clinical expertise.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: Bachelors of Science in Nursing, Master’s degree preferred.
- License/Certifications: Licensed as a registered professional nurse by the Maine State Board of Nursing. Professional certification in practice specialty preferred. Current BLS, ACLS, NIHSS. Certification. Completion of PALS and management of aggressive behavior within 6 months.
- Experience: Demonstrated clinical expertise in direct patient care as normally acquired through a minimum of 2-3 years clinical experience and meets all the care delivery expectations of the expert clinical nurse within their clinical setting. Experience in classroom instruction and/or clinical teaching associated with specialty specific settings is preferred.
- High level of interpersonal and leadership skills required
- Knowledge of educational development and design preferred, in order to assist with the planning, development, and implementation of educational offerings for nurses and other health care professionals from a variety of practice settings.