Mid Coast Senior Health provides a complete range of healthcare services and living options for seniors, including rehabilitation, assisted living, memory care, long-term nursing care, and hospice.
By offering multiple levels of care in one location, we enable individuals to live at the highest level of independence possible, receiving the right level of care in the most supportive setting.
This position is eligible for up to a $750 sign-on bonus!
- Prorated based on core hours
- Current MaineHealth team members are not eligible
- Must be separated from the MaineHealth system for a minimum of 6 months to qualify.
Responsible to deliver excellent quality care to patients/residents on assigned unit as directed by the Charge Nurse as prescribed by the patients/residents' plans of care.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: High school graduate is strongly preferred. Must obtain at least 24 hours of education every two years including topics relevant to administration of medications.
- License/Certifications: License/Certifications: CNA certification. Certificate from approved CNA-M program. BCLS Certification. • Completion of approved training program for medication assistants.
- Experience: N/A. At least one year's experience in either Medical Surgical Nursing, Long Term Care, including Dementia Care and/or Skilled Care or Home Care setting preferred. Must maintain current on CNA Registry.
- Skills: Ability to prioritize, handle multiple tasks, and communicate with all levels of personnel. Ability to work with persons affected by a wide variety of physical and cognitive deficits.
- Physical Requirements: Must be in good physical condition to meet the demands of an active position including extensive walking, moderate sitting, standing, twisting, bending and squatting. Able to move stretchers, carts, equipment and assist in patient care and transport as needed. Able to carry and life instrument sets (trays) and various items of equipment. Able to lift over 50 lbs; and push and pull over 50 lbs. moderate hand/wrist repetition during patient care and documentation. Frequent fine motor skills in both hands. Requires very accurate near and far vision (20/20). Able to discriminate between red/green and blue/violet. Able to hear voice at 8 feet.