The overall purpose and function of the job is to complete specific assigned responsibilities as it relates to budgets, and financial planning. The position is responsible for supporting and assuring accurate preparation of division operating budgets and serves as support for operational departments and assists in the support of Service Lines. This position supports the annual operating and capital budget process and ongoing variance and financial reporting.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. Knowledge of accounting, finance, and reimbursement principles normally acquired through completion of a degree program in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field.
- License/Certifications: N/A
- Experience: Three to five years of experience in accounting or finance and the analysis of financial statements and reports, or equivalent experience in a healthcare setting. Experience in a health care environment preferred.
- Ability to function within a rapid time period.
- Analytical skills to collect pertinent information necessary to analyze complex problems, formulate sound solutions and implement those solutions.
- Ability to organize workload to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of hospital financial management preferred.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of hospital administration.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, financial computing, and an ability to quickly acquire a working understanding of MaineHealth’s financial software.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to communicate effectively with both internal and external personnel in multiple disciplines, on a variety of complex issues.
MaineHealth is a health system whose members and affiliates include hospitals, physician practices, long-term care facilities, home care agencies, and support services. Learn more about this system at www.mainehealth.org