Responsible for ensuring all supplies and equipment are ready and available to meet the needs of the areas supported.
Maintain appropriate on-hand supply levels, including management of min/max and reorder points.
Perform daily quality inspections of supply locations ensuring proper product rotation and performance of cycle counts.
Maintain an environment that is organized, efficient, and safe.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Minimum of 3 years of Logistics/ Supply Chain Management, preferably in Healthcare Industry.
Equivalent Education and/or Experience
May have an equivalent combination of education and experience in lieu of specific education and/or experience as stated above.
Required Tests for Placement
Skills or Special Abilities
- Must be able to read and write.
- Knowledge of inventory control procedures.
- Must be able to understand and utilize the inventory, distribution and receiving capabilities of a ERP platform.
- Must be able to successfully pass a Basic Math test, as established by Talent Acquisition, with a minimum score of 80%.
- Must be able to successfully pass a Basic Spelling test, as established by Talent Acquisition, with a minimum score of 80%.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in basic computer skills
- Able to operate handling equipment including hand-trucks, pickers, pallet jacks, and other powered warehouse equipment.
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles.
1. Accept and validate incoming orders; compares information on the packing slip with purchase order to verify accuracy of shipment and report discrepancies for resolution; documents and resolves discrepancies and variances to replenish the inventory PAR levels.
2. Performs all replenishment and distribution processes within the SAP System with accuracy and attention to detail an efficient and timely manner. Processes and resolves all necessary actions to process issues/returns accurately.
3. Maintains quality control of products by ensuring packaging integrity, sterility and shelf life of supplies are monitored and identified as needed. Rotates inventory during the replenishment process using the First in First Out and First Expiration First Out methodology.
4. Performing daily inventory of primary and secondary inventory points using bar coding equipment on a predetermined schedule that will allow for timely replenishment orders.
5. Maintains ownership of supply par inventory volume trends and makes adjustments as directed by Supply chain leadership. Performs spot checks of on-hand inventory in assigned supply locations by end of day to identify and resolve any potential supply availability issues.
6. Conducts routine cycle counts and physical inventory, at the direction of leadership, and report discrepancies as appropriate.
7. Maintains carts and supply room and keeps assigned carts organized, clean, labeled and at proper par levels using a hand held computer. Perform activities for addressing back-orders, stock-outs, substitutes, trials, conversions, and recalls.
8. Reviews usage reports on a quarterly basis to identify appropriate par levels. Manages inventory by adjusting par levels when necessary and manage accuracy of bin locations; provides listing of low usage and no movement supplies to leadership with recommendations for corrective actions.
9. Responsible for the accurate monitoring, ordering, storage of inventory and performing regular inspection of supply cabinets and par levels in assigned supply locations ensuring accurate tracking of supply data such as manufacturer numbers, expiration dates, lot numbers, etc. as needed.
10. Completes daily/weekly/monthly documentation and reporting of Key Performance Indicators and supply activities as directed by supervisor.
11. Manages own assigned workload by applying an understanding of team priorities and providing assistance to less experienced colleagues while promoting a harmonious workplace.
12. Organizes, prioritizes and completes daily assigned work in a timely manner with enthusiasm. Recognizes and solves typical problems that can occur in own work area; evaluates and selects solutions from established options. Works effectively and productively as a team member.
13. Be an ambassador for Supply Chain and coordinates supply activity with Nursing Leadership and Nurses. Communicates with clinical staff and keeps them current on all relevant supply issues.
14. Identify ways to improve work processes and improve customer satisfaction though building relationships to promote a collaborative environment and demonstrate customer service that promote improving the patient experience.
15. Must be familiar with and follow all applicable safety and regulatory requirements rules, policies, laws and guidelines that impact the industry to include JCO and Infection Prevention guidelines
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Patient Care, Healthcare Administration, Infection Control, Healthcare