The Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior is seeking
to hire a full-time Staff Research Associate to join the Laboratory of
Molecular Neuroimaging. Primary duties include:
- Recruiting research participants (with informed consent)
- Coordinating study visits
- Computer consultation with Center faculty and staff
- Image data acquisition and analysis
- Behavioral data collection
- Entry and quality assurance
- Assisting with regulatory documentation, literature searches, and other research-related activities
- BS/BA degree in a related science (preferred)
- Experience in psychobiology, cognitive science, neuroscience, psychology, physics/medical,
physics/biophysics, computer science, or other relevant program.
- Proficiency in use of software packages/programming languages for performing statistical analyses, data entry, and word-processing (e.g., MATLAB, UNIX shell scripting, SPSS, MS Word, Excel).
- Attention to accuracy and detail in all research tasks.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of subject and patient information.
- Ability to set priorities that accurately reflect relative importance of current job responsibilities and ability to
respond to changing priorities.
- Skill in working independently and following through on assignments with minimal direction and/or supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple duties and tasks efficiently and effectively.
- Skill in speaking clearly and distinctly, using appropriate vocabulary and grammar to obtain and convey information to individuals who are culturally diverse and from varying backgrounds.
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.