The Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior is seeking
to hire a full-time Staff Research Associate II to join the Laboratory of
Molecular Neuroimaging. You will be doing research duties related to brain
imaging. Primary duties include:
- Coordination of brain scans (MRI and PET) for human volunteers at UCLA MRI centers and the VA PET center
- Coordination of brain scans for animal studies at the Crump Institute
- Image data acquisition and analysis (requires substantial skill and knowledge)
- Regulatory duties: annual reports to radiation safety bodies at UCLA and the VA and to the FDA. Additional responsibilities include literature searches, and other research-related activities.
- BS/BA degree in a related science (preferred)
- Experience in psychobiology, cognitive science, neuroscience, psychology, physics/medical,
physics/biophysics, computer science, or other relevant program.
- Proficiency in use of software packages/programming languages for performing statistical analyses, data entry,
and word-processing (e.g., MATLAB, UNIX shell scripting, SPSS, MS Word, Excel).
- Attention to accuracy and detail in all research tasks.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of subject and patient information.
- Ability to set priorities that accurately reflect relative importance of current job responsibilities and ability to
respond to changing priorities.
- Skill in working independently and following through on assignments with minimal direction and/or supervision.
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.