Responsible for providing leadership in developing and executing the Talent Management life cycle to meet Parkland's mission, vision, and goals. Provides operational assessment and direction to support the Chief Talent Officer and the Office of Talent Management (OTM), specifically in the areas of workforce planning, talent attraction and acquisition, employee engagement, diversity and inclusion, leadership development, succession planning, and planning talent movement, development, performance and retention, compensation, benefits, and other employee welfare programs. Direct Senior leadership responsibility for Diversity and Inclusion Programs, OTM Policies and Procedures, and OTM Shared Services.
- Bachelor's Degree required. Masters' Degree preferred.
- Must have ten years of experience in Human Resources with five years at a management level.
Equivalent Education and/or Experience
- Must have Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) course certification for IS-700.B: An Introduction to the National Incident Management System (NIMS) or obtain within 30 days of placement in role.
- Must have Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) course certification for IS-100.C: Introduction to the Incident Command System (ICS 100) for Healthcare/Hospitals or obtain within 30 days of placement in role.
- Must have Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) course certification for IS-200.HCA: Applying ICS to Healthcare Organizations (ICS 200) or obtain within 30 days of placement in role.
- Must have Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) course certification for IS-700.A: National Incident Management System (NIMS) An Introduction within 30 days of placement in role.
- Must have Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) course certification for IS-100.HCB: Introduction to the Incident Command System (ICS 100) for Healthcare/Hospitals within 30 days of placement in role.
- Must have Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) course certification for IS-200.HCA: Applying ICS to Healthcare Organizations (ICS 200) within 30 days of placement in role.
Skills or Special Abilities
- Must be able to develop strategies and translate effectively into actions and tactics.
- Must be skilled at building and maintaining strong relationships with senior executive leadership teams across a broad range of business lines.
- Must demonstrate strong business acumen and relationship management experience.
- Must demonstrate a high level of capability in aligning business and talent imperatives and speaking the language of business.
- Must be able to build one-to-one relationships with senior executives.
- Must exhibit a high sense of urgency that can be effectively imparted to other stakeholders.
- Must be able to gain the support of resistant stakeholders even if outside the direct scope of responsibility.
- Must demonstrate a high bar and be a champion of those high standards in order to promote a high-performance culture.
- Must demonstrate an ability to create an inclusive culture at all levels of the organization and have a commitment to further developing a diverse workforce.
- Must demonstrate superior communication skills, be able to present ideas in a clear, concise manner and adapt communication style as needed.
- Must demonstrate the ability to quickly assess the current situation and make decisions about what is needed to move the organization forward.
1. Collaborates through creating effective working relationships with the OTM senior leadership team to facilitate the ongoing management of Parkland philosophy, policy, procedure and direction for Talent Management Operations ensuring consistency, fairness and ethical treatment of human resources.
2. Leads the ongoing development and management of the diversity and inclusion strategies, programs, policies, and metrics that successfully engage, develop, retain, and attract a diverse workforce, fostering inclusion and a sense of belonging across Parkland. This role acts as a cross-functional advisor and subject matter expert, influencing and guiding the inclusion of an authentic and meaningful D & I perspective in external-facing products, communications, and initiatives.
3. Ensures that work is approached through a D & I lens to foster an inclusive mindset in the way we serve employees and the community. Develops and implements strategies that embed D & I into the Parkland culture and ensures that our internal efforts advance our external commitments and the strategic objectives.
4. Oversees the development, implementation, and maintenance of OTM policies and procedures to ensure the effective, fair and consistent management of staff throughout the enterprise, including the proper communication of those policies and procedures to all employees. Holds functional SMEs accountable and drives the expectation that OTM policies, workflows, SOPs, and the like are thoroughly documented, appropriately reviewed and approved, and socialized in a timely manner.
5. Oversees OTM Shared Services providing an employee-centric approach to customer service for Parkland employees and leaders. Identifying opportunities to centralize tactical OTM services. Oversees process improvement efforts to ensure consistency in processes and client delivery. Solicits feedback from clients regularly to ensure a high level of satisfaction. Develops mechanisms to gauge client satisfaction. Provides insight, data and analysis for talent and organizational issues to guide decisions and solutions.
6. Selects, trains, motivates, supervises, and evaluates assigned staff to ensure maximum utilization of individual and group capabilities while providing optimal service to both internal and external customers. Ensures that assigned employees receive opportunities to further their knowledge and development.
7. Collaborates across functions to assess situations, analyze data, challenge conventional wisdom and create new practices to hire, onboard, develop, motivate, retain and engage a talented workforce.
8. Serves on various interdisciplinary committees as assigned to contribute to continuous quality improvement and culture management.
9. Develops and monitors annual operating and capital budgets that ensure the Talent Management Operation function has the necessary funds to carry out the goal and objectives that have been established for the area. Monitors department advertising, recruitment and educational expenditures, ensuring expenditures do not exceed available funding.
10. Works closely with Talent Management leadership to solve complex organizational challenges. Executes a strong knowledge of business operations and people practices promoting strategic priorities, culture, mission and values.
11. Maintains a positive working relationship with Parkland staff, medical school staff and administration, community organizations, and the Board of Managers to enhance the utilization of human resources in a cost-effective manner.
12. Identifies and analyzes the design of jobs, work processes, workflows, etc. for the human resources area and implements appropriate changes to improve effectiveness, productivity, and efficiency that support the overall goals of the department and Parkland.
1. Identifies and analyzes the design of jobs, work processes, workflows, etc. for the area and implements appropriate changes to improve effectiveness, productivity, and efficiency that support the overall goals of the department and Parkland.
2. Stays abreast of the latest developments, advancements, and trends in the field by attending seminars/workshops, reading professional journals, actively participating in professional organizations, and/or maintaining certification or licensure. Integrates knowledge gained into current work practices.
3. Maintains knowledge of applicable rules, regulations, policies, laws, and guidelines that impact the area. Develops effective internal controls designed to promote adherence to applicable laws, accreditation agency requirements, and federal, state, and private health plans. Seeks advice and guidance as needed to ensure proper understanding.
4. Develops and monitors annual budgets that ensure the department has the necessary funds to carry out the goals and objectives that have been established for the department.
5. Develops, implements, monitors, and revises annual goals and objectives for the department that support the missions and objectives of Parkland.
6. Selects, trains, schedules, motivates, supervises, and evaluates employees making recommendations for disciplinary actions up to and including termination, to ensure maximum utilization of individual and group capabilities. Ensures that assigned employees receive opportunities to further their knowledge.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Medical, Patient Care, Healthcare Administration, Business Process, Healthcare, Management