Responsible for the onboarding and training programs of Parkland-employed physicians and advanced practice providers to ensure a consistent experience and that providers are equipped with the knowledge and skills to be successful. This position will also support the education needs of provider-focused projects and initiatives.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree. Preference given to a degree in Business Administration, Education, or Healthcare.
- Prefer Master’s Degree in a related field. Experience
- Must have six (6) years of combined experience in training, program management, and healthcare. Equivalent Education and/or Experience
- May have an equivalent combination of education and experience to substitute for both the education and the experience requirements. Certification/Registration/Licensure
- Prefer at least one certification for excellence in learning and development; e.g., Certified Professional in Talent Development
Required Tests for Placement
Skills or Special Abilities
- Must possess strong leadership and interpersonal skills to work and collaborate effectively with staff, provider, subject matter experts, stakeholders, and organizational leaders.
- Must be able to demonstrate program development and management: ability to develop and manage training programs and initiatives from concept to deployment and evaluation, using proven program management practices and processes.
- Must be detail focused to provide effective onboarding of new providers as it relates to expectations, systems, and processes.
- Must possess strong prioritization skills, be able to work independently and manage multiple projects. - Must have excellent oral and written communication skills and be able to interact effectively with all levels of internal/external staff, physicians, and consultants; lead or facilitate meetings.
- Must possess critical-thinking skills and be able to identify the training needs for providers and recognize where changes and improvements can be made.
- Must be able to demonstrate a high level of knowledge regarding learning and development best practices and theories.
- Evaluate, design, and oversee onboarding programs for physicians and advanced practice providers to ensure a successful experience that includes cultural assimilation, practice expectations, process and policy overviews, regulatory and compliance training, as well as coordination of systems training and support resources.
- Partner closely with Quality and Safety, Clinical Informatics, and Medical Affairs to identify needs, analyze gaps, negotiate strategies, and initiate learning solutions for providers.
- Regularly engage physician and APP leadership to review and assess impact of learning solutions and plan for major initiatives.
- Develop and maintain resources to assist providers with onboarding as well as reinforcement of infrequent tasks and processes.
- Train new and existing providers, as needed, on new processes, relevant competencies, and initiatives, such as virtual visit technology, to ensure successful implementations.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for new providers to help navigate the organization and ensure adherence to expectations and processes.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of provider onboarding and training programs through qualitative and quantitative feedback and metrics.
- Promote and manage career support programs for providers, including by not limited to, the new hire navigator mentoring program to support their assimilation into the culture and connection with peers.
- Support the onboarding of new physician leaders so they have all training, tools, and access needed to be successful. This includes the training and support needed to apply Parkland leadership practices.
1. Identifies ways to improve work processes and improve customer satisfaction. Makes recommendations to supervisor, implements, and monitors results as appropriate in support of the overall goals of the department and Parkland.
2. Stays abreast of the latest developments, advancements, and trends in the field by attending seminars/workshops, reading professional journals, actively participating in professional organizations, and/or maintaining certification or licensure. Integrates knowledge gained into current work practices.
3. Maintains knowledge of applicable rules, regulations, policies, laws and guidelines that impact the area. Develops effective internal controls designed to promote adherence with applicable laws, accreditation agency requirements, and federal, state, and private health plans. Seeks advice and guidance as needed to ensure proper understanding.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Manager, Medical, Program Manager, Patient Care, Healthcare Administration, Management, Healthcare