Operates ultrasound equipment used to produce quality routine and fairly complex diagnostic scans to ensure optimal patient care.
- Prefer successful graduation from an ultrasound program accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Diagnostic Medical Sonography (JRCDMS).
- Must have one year of experience in specialty area.
- All Sonographers must be registered as a Sonographer by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (RDMS) or American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)(S)
- Sonographers working in the Ultrasound Department must be registered in the subspecialty of abdomen and must be registered in vascular technology (RVT) OR hold a registered vascular specialist (RVS) credential from Cardiovascular Credentialing International.
- Sonographers working in the Mammography Department must be registered in the subspecialty of breast ultrasound (RDMS)(Br)
- Sonographers working in the Vascular Sonography Lab must be registered RVT or RVS
- Must have a current Healthcare Provider CPR course completion card prior to hire and/or placement in job from one of the following: - American Heart Association - American Red Cross Rescuer - Military Training Network.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must have effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of both normal and abnormal anatomy.
- Must be proficient in general ultrasound and vascular exams.
- Must be able to demonstrate patient cantered/patient valued behaviors.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Medical Technologist, Medical, Radiology, Patient Care, Ultrasound, Healthcare