CLINICAL NURSE MANAGER - ST. MARTIN HOSPITAL - FULL TIME (JOB ID: 4945)
Location: SMH Med/Surg Unit
Employment Status: FT
This position provides managerial and clinical support to patients and staff. Uses depth and breadth of clinical management knowledge to ensure the provision of high quality, safe, and cost effective patient care. Demonstrates clinical expertise and oversees the leadership of clinical, financial, and personnel management of assigned areas.
• Supervises all department staff.
• Oversees the operations of the unit to ensure smooth and efficient patient care management. Assures appropriate patient assignments. Completes daily rounding on patients and staff to ensure quality provision of care as per our Journey 2 Excellence expectations.
• Manages the department to ensure patient and employee satisfaction while promoting safety and retention. Serves as a real-time resource and assists with clinical expertise for staff and physicians for problem-solving on patients, processes, and family issues.
• Coordinates quality initiatives and process improvements. Aligns and manages to metrics.
• Develops leadership skills among staff including communication, decision-making, problem-solving, critical thinking, and employee engagement. Leads the development of staff and supports career advancement opportunities. Functions as a role model and encourages staff to participate in their own development.
• Facilitates department meetings and shared governance/leadership efforts.
• Responsible for selection, orientation, on-boarding, and retention. Demonstrates leadership through coaching, performance evaluations, corrective actions, and development opportunities to create a culture of learning.
• Assists in the development of the operational and capital budget, provides daily operational resource management including staff, supplies, and equipment. Ensures optimal productivity for the department.
• Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory, and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of LGH with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
· Preferred Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
· Documented clinical expertise in area of practice
· Advanced certification preferred if appropriate for area of clinical practice.
· Completes annual mandatory requirements
License(s), Certification(s), Registration(s), Accreditation(s)
· Current RN licensure in the State of Louisiana
· BLS or ACLS required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must comply with all SERVICE Standards of Behavior
• Medium Work – Medium level work as definied byt the U.S. Department of Labor constitutes a maximum lift of 21 – 50 pounds on occasion and/or a maximum lift of 11- 25 pounds on a frequent basis.
• May be required to assist in the turning, lifting, or moving of patients.
• Walking about from patients’ rooms as well as to and from various hospital areas.