The University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics Department of Nursing is seeking a Staff Nurse to perform specific tasks to assist members of the Nursing team in providing patient care under the direct supervision of the Nurse Manager.
Specific Requirements of RN role with IDMI (Intellectual Disability Mental Illness) Program:
- Attend IDMI team meetings
- Assist with intake and scheduling of new patients
- Ensure program materials are up to date
- Complete intake with new patients and review resources and research opportunities
- Complete follow-up calls to patients/caregivers after discharge from inpatient service
- Provide nursing case management for approximately 50 patients and meet with team regularly to discuss patient’s care
- During regular clinic hours, maintain IDMI Program phone and email
- Communicate with referral sources, outside agencies and PCP when needed
- Assist with patient needs to include, but not limited to:
- Medication clarification (and other pharmacy-related concerns within scope of practice)
- Behavior management
- Participate in training offered on inpatient service, community visits, and Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) groups
Percent of Time: 100%
Schedule: 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday
Location: UIHC Main Campus
Salary: $52,965.00 to commensurate
SEIU Pay Plan: https://hr.uiowa.edu/pay/pay-plans/seiu-pay-plan
- Regular salaried position located in Iowa City, Iowa
- Fringe benefit package including paid vacation; sick leave; health, dental, life and disability insurance options; and generous employer contributions into retirement plans
- For more information about Why Iowa?, click here
- An Associate’s Degree in Nursing, a Diploma in Nursing, a Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing, Professional Masters of Nursing and Healthcare Practice (MNHP), MSN/Clinical Nurse Leader or a Master’s Degree in Nursing (MSN, MA) is required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills with patients/families, nursing staff, and interdisciplinary team members as demonstrated through written and verbal interactions
- General computer skills are required
- Current license to practice nursing in Iowa
- 3 - 5 years of psychiatric experience
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing or Masters Degree in Nursing is highly desired
- If Baccalaureate degree in Nursing is not yet obtained, active enrollment in a BSN program is desirable
In order to be considered, applicants must upload resume (under submission relevant materials) that clearly address how they meet the listed required and desired qualifications of this position.
Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check. This position is not eligible for University sponsorship for employment authorization.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of 14 calendar days. This job may be removed from posting and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended. For questions or additional information, please contact email@example.com.