PBX OPERATOR - LGMC PBX OPERATORS - PART TIME (JOB ID: 5738)
Employment Status: PT
Operates a console telephone switchboard in order to relay incoming, outgoing and inter-office calls; performs various hospital communications and clerical duties; acts as hospital receptionist.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Answers and screens outside calls, relays calls to the proper department, transfer/holds calls when necessary.
2. Answers and screens in-house calls in order to take request for outside lines and to assist patients and staff (when necessary) who may need assistance.
3. Pages medical staff, disaster and emergency codes promptly, with clarity, and in a calm manner.
4. Pages authorized personnel (overhead, beeper, or ASCOM according to hospital policy.
5. Announces the close of visiting hours at 8:00 p.m.
6. Greets and directs patients and guests in a friendly and cooperative manner.
7. Helps maintain an up-to-date- in-house phone director for operator use.
8. Participates in hospital Performance Improvement program.
9. Performs other duties as assigned by Security Managers and Director
1.1 year previous experience in a job that predominately involved telephone work.
2.Experience with automated systems preferred.
3.Possess typing skills, experience with Microsoft Word preferred
4.Capable of operating switchboard system, copier, printer
5.Excellent communication skills.
1.Possess typing skills.
2.Excellent communication skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
·Medium Work as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor constitutes a maximum lift of 21-50 pounds on occasion and/or a maximum lift of 11-25 pounds on a frequent basis
·Required sitting in one location for extended periods of time