Date: Apr 7, 2021
Irving, TX, US
Category: Non Clinical Jobs
Shift Type: Rotating
Requisition ID: 364521
Interested in a career with both meaning and growth? Whether your abilities are in direct patient care or one of the many other areas of healthcare administration and support, everyone at Parkland works together to fulfill our mission: the health and well-being of individuals and communities entrusted to our care. By joining Parkland, you become part of a diverse healthcare legacy that’s served our community for more than 125 years. Put your skills to work with us, seek opportunities to learn and join a talented team where patient care is more than a job. It’s our passion.
Patrols, investigates, monitors, and resolves emergencies, high-risk situations, and potential and existing breaches in security, while enforcing established policies to provide a safe and secure environment for patients, visitors, and staff.
- Prefer an AssociateÂ¿s degree in Law Enforcement from an accredited college or university.
- 2 years of progressive experience as a Law Enforcement Officer,-OR- - 2 years of experience as a Police Officer I with the Dallas County Hospital District Police Department.
- May have an equivalent combination of education and experience to substitute for both the education and the experience requirements.
- Must meet and maintain eligibility standards for licensing as a Texas Peace Officer.
- Must have a valid Texas Class C Driver License.
Required Tests for Placement:
- Applicants as of May 23, 2018 must pass with a minimum overall score of 70% or above the Police Officer Selection Test (P.O.S.T.) prior to hire.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must be able to pass typing test with a minimum of 20 words per minute, with no more than three errors.
- Must successfully pass a physical agility assessment.
- Must pass a pre-employment polygraph and psychological evaluation.
- May be subject to further written and/or oral pre-employment testing. -
- Must be able to follow, practice and utilize the Peace Officer Weapons Standard and Qualification General Order to ensure the safety of officers, hospital staff, patients and visitors.
- Must have effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to deal with PHHS staff and the public in a tactful and diplomatic manner.
- Must be able to make sound judgments.
- Must be able to testify in court to present case facts.
Grandfathered Employee Statement:
- Employees in this job who were hired on or before 03/29/14 are exempt from requirement to take/pass the typing test and physical agility assessment.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Irving
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Job Segment: Patient Care, Healthcare Administration, Healthcare