Directs and controls the daily operations of general ledger, capital, fixed assets and accounting (General Accounting) to insure complete, accurate and timely and financial reports in compliance with Parkland's fiscal policies, directives and accounting procedures.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting.
- Prefer a Master's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or Healthcare.
-Ten (10) years of experience in a large, complex healthcare accounting environment, or comparable healthcare auditing experience.
- Eight (8) years of supervisory/management experience.
Equivalent Education and/or Experience:
-May have an equivalent combination of related education and /or experience as stated above.
-Must have Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) course certification for IS-700.A: National Incident Management System (NIMS) An Introduction or obtain within 30 days of placement in role.
-Must have Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) course certification for IS-100.HCB: Introduction to the Incident Command System (ICS 100) for Healthcare/Hospitals or obtain within 30 days of placement in role.
-Must have Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) course certification for IS-200.HCA: Applying ICS to Healthcare Organizations (ICS 200) or obtain within 30 days of placement in role. -CPA preferred.
Skills or Special Abilities:
-Must have a strong understanding and proven experience in design and implementation of accounting controls in an automated environment.
-Must have at least five years of experience with accounting software including general ledger and fixed assets. Lawson software experience highly desired although equivalent experience in similar systems will be considered.
-Must have at least five years of significant accountability for major components of the annual external audit including planning and analysis.
-Must have experience in collaborative development and implementation of specialized financial management reports for operating and finance areas.
-Must possess strong interpersonal skills, including effective oral and written communication skills and problem solving.
-Must have strong tact and diplomacy skills, and the ability to communicate with all levels of employees to include executive management and physicians.
-Must be able to think creatively and strategically, in order to develop and/or modify and implement accounting processes and procedures that meet both accounting and needs of other departments under appropriate accounting controls.
-Must be proficient with computers, spreadsheet and other applicable computer software.
1. Performs general accounting activities, including the preparation of month-end close, maintenance and reconciliation of ledger accounts and financial statements such as balance sheets, profit-and-loss statements and capital expenditure schedules. Establishes and maintains accounting policies and controls, fiscal controls, preparing financial reports and safeguarding the organization's assets. Maintains accounting and financial records and reports, including general ledger, financial statements, regulatory and management reports.
2. Evaluate and modify/create work processes that impact General Accounting (general ledger, project activities, fixed assets) to improve efficiency and effectiveness of accounting and minimize any negative impact on other areas of the Hospital.
3. Collaborate with accounting manager to develop talent and set goals for the accountants in the department. Encourage staff to stay current with current hospitals trends and continuing education and etc.
4. Assist accounting manager with overseeing, reviewing and approving journal entries and manages capital analyst along.
5. Coordinates with Director of Budget to insure Lawson general ledger interfaces with Kaufman Hall applications operate under well designed controls for the integrity and accuracy of general ledger transactions.
6. Prepare monthly financial statements and board material, with supporting board narrative for Parkland Hospital that includes the consolidation of Foundation, PCCI and PCHP.
7. Coordinates annual financial audits including overseeing the preparation and maintenance of schedules for annual audits, reviewing the preliminary audit report, and ensuring coordination between auditors, the Parkland annual audit, and the single audit. Ensures that audits are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
8. Manages the activity and balances of all asset and liability accounts and ensures the monthly reconciliation and adjustments of outstanding balances are recorded in a timely manner, for accurate balance sheet reporting.
9. Monitors the project activities and asset management systems for capital projects to ensure accurate reporting of Parkland's fixed assets.
10. Works closely with Director of Budget to ensure capital expenditures run within budgeted guidelines and oversees special projects and analyses, such as responding to requests for ad hoc reports, developing, implementing and maintaining Lawson accounting systems and related procedures to ensure that technical expertise is provided in support of the mission and goals of the departments and Parkland as well as being responsible for working with IT for accounting maintenance within Lawson accounting system.
11. Familiar with GAS-B notifications and processes and stay up to date with current GAS-B rules.
1. Identifies and analyzes the design of jobs, work processes, work flows, etc. for the area and implements appropriate changes to improve effectiveness, productivity, and efficiency that support the overall goals of the department and Parkland.
2. Stays abreast of the latest developments, advancements, and trends in the field by attending seminars/workshops, reading professional journals, actively participating in professional organizations, and/or maintaining certification or licensure. Integrates knowledge gained into current work practices.
3. Maintains knowledge of applicable rules, regulations, policies, laws and guidelines that impact the area. Develops effective internal controls designed to promote adherence with applicable laws, accreditation agency requirements, and federal, state, and private health plans. Seeks advice and guidance as needed to ensure proper understanding.
4. Develops and monitors annual budgets that ensure the department has the necessary funds to carry out the goals and objectives that have been established for the department.
5. Develops, implements, monitors, and revises annual goals and objectives for the department that support the missions and objectives of Parkland.
6. Selects, trains, schedules, motivates, supervises, and evaluates employees making recommendations for disciplinary actions up to and including termination, to ensure maximum utilization of individual and group capabilities. Ensures that assigned employees receive opportunities to further their knowledge.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Manager, Patient Care, Healthcare Administration, Management, Healthcare