RN-Med/Surg-CSO - Nights
Date: Mar 12, 2021
Dallas, TX, US
Category: Nursing Jobs
Shift Type: Night
Requisition ID: 316101
Interested in a career with both meaning and growth? Whether your abilities are in direct patient care or one of the many other areas of healthcare administration and support, everyone at Parkland works together to fulfill our mission: the health and well-being of individuals and communities entrusted to our care. By joining Parkland, you become part of a diverse healthcare legacy that’s served our community for more than 125 years. Put your skills to work with us, seek opportunities to learn and join a talented team where patient care is more than a job. It’s our passion.
Provides care to assigned patient population in accordance with established protocols and multidisciplinary plan of care utilizing independent, dependent, and interdependent interventions to restore stability, prevent complications, and achieve and maintain optimal patient responses for all patients through patient centered/patient valued care.
- Must be a graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
- Prefer Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
- Must have two years of nursing experience.
- Must have current RN license or valid temporary permit with the Texas Board of Nursing; or, valid Compact RN license.
- Must have current healthcare provider CPR course completion card from one of the following:
o American Heart Association
o American Red Cross Rescuer
o Military Training Network.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Provides care to assigned patient population in accordance with the current State of Texas Nurse Practice Act, established protocols, multidisciplinary plan of care, and clinical area specific standards.
- Applicants must pass Medication Examination prior to hospital orientation. Current Parkland employees requesting reassignment to role must have current Medication Examination on file.
- Provides continuous assessment, consults with other team members as required and provides nursing care which demonstrates patient centered/patient valued care.
- Exercises independent judgment in providing nursing care.
- Must be able to demonstrate effective interpersonal skills and possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with patients, families, and hospital staff in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- May be required to communicate effectively, via the overhead paging system.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to provide direction to non-nursing staff and serve as a preceptor.
- Must be able to demonstrate patient centered/patient valued behaviors.
- As applicable, will be required to demonstrate acceptable knowledge of nursing standards of care for specialty care area.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Nursing, Patient Care, Registered Nurse, Healthcare Administration, Healthcare