Cook - Part Time (Overnight shift 7pm to 3:30am)
Date: Apr 4, 2021
Dallas, TX, US
Category: Non Clinical Jobs
Shift Type: Night
Requisition ID: 357181
Interested in a career with both meaning and growth? Whether your abilities are in direct patient care or one of the many other areas of healthcare administration and support, everyone at Parkland works together to fulfill our mission: the health and well-being of individuals and communities entrusted to our care. By joining Parkland, you become part of a diverse healthcare legacy that’s served our community for more than 125 years. Put your skills to work with us, seek opportunities to learn and join a talented team where patient care is more than a job. It’s our passion.
Prepares recipes and menu items used in the provision of meals to Parkland patients, café customers, and catered events. Prepares 'made to order' entrees on café serving lines.
- Must have three years of experience as a cook, or an assistant cook in hospital foodservice, restaurant, or institutional cooking of a comparable nature.
Equivalent Education and/or Experience
- May have an equivalent combination of education and experience to substitute for the experience requirements.
- Must have a certificate of completion of a food handler training course accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and/or the Texas Department of State Health Services (TXDSHS) or must obtain one within sixty (60) days of placement in the role.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must be familiar with a variety of foods, seasonings, recipe procedures, ingredient measurements and knowledge of time estimates for food preparation.
- Must have proficient knowledge of the use and care of institutional kitchen equipment including ovens, steamers, grills, fryers, slicers, braising pans, etc.
- Must have good customer service skills.
- Must be able to read and follow recipe instructions and food production guides and communicate effectively with departmental personnel.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Patient Care, Healthcare Administration, Healthcare