Mgr., Clinical Programs-VIP/RC
Date: Apr 1, 2021
Dallas, TX, US
Category: Nursing Jobs
Shift Type: Day
Requisition ID: 442041
Interested in a career with both meaning and growth? Whether your abilities are in direct patient care or one of the many other areas of healthcare administration and support, everyone at Parkland works together to fulfill our mission: the health and well-being of individuals and communities entrusted to our care. By joining Parkland, you become part of a diverse healthcare legacy that’s served our community for more than 125 years. Put your skills to work with us, seek opportunities to learn and join a talented team where patient care is more than a job. It’s our passion.
Responsible for managing a designated program by providing program design, implementation, and evaluation of program initiatives.
1. Manages the department programs to ensure the center's verification and designation are met for outreach education and injury prevention. Provides program design as needed.
2. Implements, monitors, evaluates and reports on details regarding the education programs and injury prevention to the designated Committees.
3. Serves as a program and community Liaison and resource person, performs public speaking and education, etc. that support the missions, goals and objectives of the specialty program and Parkland, while establishing and cultivating positive working relationships to maximize interactive cooperative relationships.
4. Maintains a database for all related regulatory, outreach educational and injury prevention programs as needed. Ensures data integrity through clinical review and verification of medical records.
5. Assists with developing, revising, and monitoring annual goals, objectives, and budget, that support the overall missions and objectives of the department and Parkland.
6. Serves on the local/regional/national committees, task forces, special interest groups, and various other committees as requested to serve as an active contributor and participant in achieving education and meeting the PHHS goals. 7. VIP/Rape Crisis Only:
- Responsible for the volunteer and intern program including recruiting, training, assigning interns to specific supervisors, assuring that university undergraduate and graduate program requirements are met, and providing direct supervision as required.
- Identifies and analyzes the design of jobs, work processes, work flows, etc. for the VIP/Rape Crisis program and implements appropriate changes to improve effectiveness, productivity, and efficiency that support the overall goals of the department and Parkland.
- Stays abreast of the latest developments, advancements, and trends in the field of family violence, sexual assault, and counseling by attending local and national seminars/workshops, reading professional journals, and actively participating in.
Other duties as assigned.
Management Management or supervisory roles focused on operational, functional, and/or business strategy and activities within a specified area of responsibility. The majority of time is spent planning, prioritizing and/or directing the work/responsibilities of teams/colleagues. Goal achievement is typically accomplished through strong management of others to ensure operational, functional and/or business results.
- Primary responsibilities include managing teams/colleagues
- Contributes to and/or establishes operational, functional, and/or business plans that have shortto long-term impact on department and/or functional results
- Communicates with parties within and outside of own department or function, which may include external customers or vendors
- Responsible for coaching, leading and mentoring emerging talent and developing the talent pipeline
Competencies Leadership & Talent Management
- Primarily manages professional level employees
- Responsible for work and results of direct reports
- Over one (1) functional area
- Plans and establishes goals and objectives for a team of professional staff and/or one or more large teams of operational or functional staff to accomplish outcomes that have direct impact on department results
- Contributes to tactical and operational, functional, and/or business plans with short-to mid-term impact on department results (e.g., 1 to 3 years)
- May have budget accountability for area of responsibility, or manage elements of the budget
Knowledge & Experience
- Understands practical management approaches such as management of workflow, quality review, coaching, and performance management
- Requires advanced knowledge of a specific discipline and broad knowledge of related job areas
Communication & Influence
- May influence outside of own department, while balancing internal, divergent objectives to gain cooperation of other parties
- Communicates to parties both within and outside of own department
Degree - Requires a four year degree in applicable area of study.
Years of Experience
- > 8
Bachelor's Degree Nursing
VIP/Rape Crisis Only:
Must have a Master's degree in Social Work or Counseling.
VIP/Rape Crisis Only:
Must have at least three years of counseling experience and one year of management experience.
Rapid Assessment Team (RAT) & Resuscitation Program Manager Only:
> 6 years critical care experience.
Preferred Prefer a Master's Degree in Nursing or a related field.
Required Certifications / Licensure
Must have Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) course certification for IS-700.B: An Introduction to the National Incident Management System (NIMS) or obtain within 30 days of placement in role. Must have Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) course certification for IS-100.C: Introduction to the Incident Command System (ICS 100) for Healthcare/Hospitals or obtain within 30 days of placement in role. Must have Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) course certification for IS- 200.HCA: Applying ICS to Healthcare Organizations (ICS 200) or obtain within 30 days of placement in role.
Must have current, valid RN license or temporary RN license from the Texas Board of Nursing; or, valid Compact RN license. RN Positions
- Must have current healthcare provider CPR course completion card from one of the following: - American Heart Association - American Red Cross - Military Training Network
Burn Only: - Must have certification in Advanced Burn Life Support (ABLS) within 6 months of hire or placement in position. - Must have Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification. - Must obtain and maintain an instructor status in ABLS within 18 months of hire.
Stroke Only: - Must have certification in Stroke Certified Registered Nurse (SCRN) within 6 months of hire or placement in position. Rapid Assessment Team (RAT) & Resuscitation Only: - Must have CCRN certification - Must have Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification. - Must obtain and maintain an instructor status in ACLS within 18 months of hire. WISH Only: - Must have certification in either Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) or Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) within 6 months of hire. VIP/Rape Crisis Only: - Must be licensed by the Texas State Board of Social Worker Examiners as LMSW or LCSW, or by - Texas State Board of Examiners of Professional Counselors as a LPC. Preferred Certifications / Licensure None Equivalent Education and/or Experience None
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Clinic, Manager, Medical, Patient Care, Nursing, Healthcare, Management