We are currently recruiting for an experienced Case Manager. This role will require an individual to support both Pen Bay Medical Center as well as Waldo County General Hospital.
The qualified candidate will be able to provide daily clinical based care coordination and utilization review management. The candidate will have accountability for individual patients from the moment of admission to the time of discharge.
Qualified Candidates will have the following:
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing.
- License/Certifications: Current/Valid License in the State of Maine as a Registered Professional Nurse. Current BLS Certification.
- Experience: Minimum 3-years' current acute care clinical experience is preferred, in areas of discharge planning, case management or utilization review.
- Articulates elements of professional practice and demonstrates:
- Knowledge of Evidence Based Practice and Patient and Family Centered Care
- Understanding of teamwork and collaboration
- Effective verbal/written communication skills
- Knowledge of process improvement and sound safety strategies
- Competence with computer applications
- Individuals involved with discharge planning must have knowledge pertaining to:
- Clinical and social factors that affect the patient’s functional status at discharge
- Community resources to meet post-discharge clinical and social needs and assessment skills
- Clinical, social, insurance/financial and physical factors that must be considered when evaluating how a patient’s expected post-discharge care needs can be met