HMC Rehab Therapy
Per Diem, Day Shift, day shift, varied hours
Works under the supervision of the Director of Rehab and Medical Director/Medical staff.
1. Interpret referrals, reviews patient histories, administers evaluations for manual muscle strength, ranges of motion with goniometric measurements, transfers, gait analysis, muscle tone, motor movement and balance to determine therapeutic needs of patient.
2. Initiate or adjust treatment, procedures/plans and activities to include goals to be achieved in specific time limits and to include patient and family education.
3. Conduct periodic re-evaluations of the patients. Operates all therapeutic equipment and gives therapeutic massages.
4. Supervises Physical Therapy Assistants and unlicensed support personnel, and students in therapy department recognizing the difference in the education and training of all workers and assume responsibility for controlling the duties and activities assigned to workers in therapy department.
5. Participates in lectures, in-services, mentoring and evaluating physical therapy students.
6. Maintains appropriate professional standards of confidentiality.