Reports to Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner Program Supervisor and provides timely specialized and comprehensive victim-centered medical forensic examination to sexual abuse/sexual assault patient in accordance to evidence-based standard of care. Serves under the direction of the Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner Supervisor.
- Must be a graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
- Must be a Registered Nurse (RN) OR
- Must be an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN).
- Prefer a minimum of 2 years clinical experience.
- Must have current, valid RN license or temporary RN license from the Texas Board of Nursing; or, valid Compact RN license OR
- Must have a current license from the Texas Board of Nursing as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) with authorization to practice as a Family, Adult, or Pediatric Nurse Practitioner-.
- Must have current healthcare provider CPR course completion card from one of the following: o American Heart Association o American Red Cross o Military Training Network
- Certification as an Adult/Pediatric Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner from the Office of the Attorney General of Texas within six (6) months of hire OR¿
- Certification as an Adult/Adolescent Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner from the International Association of Forensic Nurses within six (6) months of hire OR
- May be trainee in process of acquiring SANE certification. Must be certified within six (6) months of hire.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Provides a complete medical forensic examination to sexual abuse/assault patients that present to the emergency department within the guidelines as set by the Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner Program policy and procedures.
- Provide written documentation and photographic documentation of injuries to physically and sexually abused/assault adolescents and adults.
- Provide a non-judgmental examination with appropriate evidence collection to suspects of crimes.
- Provides continuous assessment, consults with other team members as required and provides nursing care which demonstrates patient-centered and patient-valued care
- Exercises independent judgment in providing specialized nursing care
- Must be able to demonstrate effective interpersonal skills and possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with patients, families, and hospital staff in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to provide direction to non-nursing staff, and serve as preceptor.
- Must be able to prepare and conduct in-service educational programs.-
- Must be able to demonstrate patient-centered and patient-valued behaviors.
- Demonstrate acceptable knowledge of nursing standards of care for specialty care area.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Nursing, Medical, Patient Care, Registered Nurse, Pediatric, Healthcare