The Clinical Nursing Coordinator (CNC) is a full time RN who partners with the nursing director and nursing manager in the coordination of the unit’s assigned staff and patient population. The CNC provides oversight, coordination, and clinical leadership to contribute to the strategic plan for nursing and the organization on the unit level.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (BSN).
- License/Certifications: Licensed as a registered professional nurse by the Maine State Board of Nursing. Specialty certification, preferred.
- Experience: Clinical expertise in direct patient care as normally acquired through two (2) years of clinical experience.
- Role Models the MMC Values in Action
- High level of interpersonal and leadership skills to effectively lead and manage complex issues
- Capacity for critical thinking and analytical skills for day to day leadership decisions
- High level of organizational skills, effective time management, and delegation strategies’ that includes the ability to rapidly prioritize and adjust workflow according to changing unit needs
Maine Medical Center is a Magnet designated 606-bed tertiary care and teaching institution. MMC is Maine's largest hospital and a state-wide health care resource. MMC offers outstanding career opportunities and quality of life in Portland.