This is a 40 hour per week position.
This Radiology Scheduler would be responsible for obtaining prior insurance authorizations from insurance companies prior to booking a patients radiology study. This person would be working in multiple insurance preauthorization computer systems. Strong computer skills are a must. Proficiency in basic Radiology terminology is needed. Scheduling experience is a must.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs):
- Education: High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
- License/Certifications: N/A
- Experience: N/A
- Knowledge and skills in using office equipment.
- Knowledge of customer service concepts and techniques.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to accomplish multiple tasks and have the flexibility to meet changing demands daily.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly in person and on the phone.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to maintain a professional manner even under stressful situations.