The University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics Department of Nursing is seeking a Staff Nurse to perform specific tasks to assist members of the Nursing team in providing patient care under the direct supervision of the Nurse Manager.
Characteristic Duties of our Staff Nurses include but are not limited to:
- Applies nursing theory to the assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and evaluation of patient responses to health and illness
- Assesses patient health care preferences and expectations
- Collaboratively coordinates the continuum of care across settings
- Develops patient care plan based on patient condition, age, and psychological, educational, and socioeconomic conditions that prescribes interventions to attain expected outcomes
- Implements patient care plan according to patient priorities, which includes interventions identified through nursing diagnoses. Documents/reports interventions and patient/family response
- Collaborates and integrates contributions of patients and families into multidisciplinary patient care plan
- Develops, coordinates and implements transfer/discharge planning throughout episode of care
- Implements nursing interventions according to department, division, and/or unit policies, procedures, and protocols to maintain safe environment for patients, visitors and staff. Follows universal precautions
Postpartum/Gynecology (3 JPP)
3 John Pappajohn Pavilion (3 JPP) is a 24-bed inpatient unit dedicated for women's services. Gynecological services include: Post-surgery care of total abdominal hysterectomies, robotic hysterectomies, myomectomies, fallopian tube reanastomosis, exploratory laparotomy of pelvic masses, and repair of uterine and vaginal wall prolapses. Postpartum/newborn services include: couplet care, electronic infant security, lactation specialists, and support from Mother's Milk Bank of Iowa.
Percent of Time: 90%
Schedule: 36 hours per week, Night Shift
Location: John Pappajohn Pavilion (JPP)
Rotations: Every third weekend, rotating holidays
Salary: $47,669.00 per year to commensurate *This does not include inpatient or shift differentials
SEIU Pay Plan: https://hr.uiowa.edu/pay/pay-plans/seiu-pay-plan
- Regular salaried position located in Iowa City, Iowa
- Fringe benefit package including paid vacation; sick leave; health, dental, life and disability insurance options; and generous employer contributions into retirement plans
- For more information about Why Iowa?, click here
- An Associate’s Degree in Nursing, a Diploma in Nursing, a Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing, Professional Masters of Nursing and Healthcare Practice (MNHP), MSN/Clinical Nurse Leader or a Master’s Degree in Nursing (MSN, MA) is required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills with patients/families, nursing staff, and interdisciplinary team members as demonstrated through written and verbal interactions
- General computer skills are required
- Recent (within the last 3 years) RN experience in Mother/Baby, Pediatric,Gynecology, or Med-Surg experience, or completion of a clinical rotation within Mother/Baby, Pediatric, Gynecology, or Med-Surg
- Current license to practice nursing in Iowa is required by date of hire
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing or Masters Degree in Nursing is highly desired
- If Baccalaureate degree in Nursing is not yet obtained, active enrollment in a BSN program is desirable
- Knowledge of university policies and procedures
Please attach a resume as part of the application process. Job openings are posted for a minimum of 14 calendar days. This job may be removed from posting and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended. For questions or additional information, please contact Tiffany Perkins at email@example.com.
Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.