Qualified candidates may be eligible for a minimum sign-on incentive of $5,000 based on years of experience!
The University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics Department of Nursing is seeking a Staff Nurse to perform specific tasks to assist members of the Nursing team in providing patient care under the direct supervision of the Nurse Manager.
Characteristic Duties of our Staff Nurses include but are not limited to:
- Applies nursing theory to the assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and evaluation of patient responses to health and illness.
- Assesses patient health care preferences and expectations.
- Collaboratively coordinates the continuum of care across settings.
- Develops patient care plan based on patient condition, age, and psychological, educational, and socioeconomic conditions that prescribes interventions to attain expected outcomes.
- Implements patient care plan according to patient priorities, which includes interventions identified through nursing diagnoses. Documents/reports interventions and patient/family response.
- Collaborates and integrates contributions of patients and families into multidisciplinary patient care plan.
- Develops, coordinates and implements transfer/discharge planning throughout episode of care.
- Implements nursing interventions according to department, division, and/or unit policies, procedures, and protocols to maintain safe environment for patients, visitors and staff. Follows universal precautions.
University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics—recognized as one of the best hospitals in the United States—is Iowa's only comprehensive academic medical center and a regional referral center. Each day more than 12,000 employees, students, and volunteers work together to provide safe, quality health care and excellent service for our patients. Simply stated, our mission is: Changing Medicine. Changing Lives.®
Neuroscience Intermediate Unit (6 JCP)
The 6 JCP unit is a 47-bed intermediate and acute care neuroscience unit caring for adult neurology and neurosurgical patient population requiring telemetry monitoring, ventriculostomies with intracranial pressure monitoring, and intensive neurological monitoring. Patient diagnoses include stroke, central nervous system (CNS) autoimmune diseases, surgeries of the brain and spinal cord, and neurological traumas involving the head, brain, and spinal cord. Our honors and awards include:
- Joint Commission Stroke Center of Excellence
- Joint Commission Comprehensive Stroke Center
- Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval for stroke care
- The Joint Commission Designated Primary Stroke Center
Percent of Time: 100%Schedule: 40 hours per week, Rotating Day/Night shifts, 12-hour shifts
Rotations: Rotating days off, every other weekend, every other holiday
SEIU Pay Plan: https://hr.uiowa.edu/pay/pay-plans/seiu-pay-plan Benefits Highlights:
- Regular salaried position located in Iowa City, Iowa
- Fringe benefit package including paid vacation; sick leave; health, dental, life and disability insurance options; and generous employer contributions into retirement plans
- For more information about Why Iowa?, click here
- An Associate’s Degree in Nursing, a Diploma in Nursing, a Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing, Professional Masters of Nursing and Healthcare Practice (MNHP), MSN/Clinical Nurse Leader or a Master’s Degree in Nursing (MSN, MA) is required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills with patients/families, nursing staff, and interdisciplinary team members as demonstrated through written and verbal interactions
- General computer skills are required
- Current license to practice nursing in Iowa is required by date of hire.
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing or Masters Degree in Nursing is highly desired.
- If Baccalaureate degree in Nursing is not yet obtained, active enrollment in a BSN program is desirable.
- Knowledge of university policies and procedures is desired.
- Previous RN inpatient experience, or recent internship on an inpatient unit.
Please attach a resume as part of the application process. Job openings are posted for a minimum of 14 calendar days. This job may be removed from posting and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended. For questions or additional information, please contact Nursing Recruitment at 319-356-2285.
Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.
- Five professional references will be requested and required at a later step in the recruitment process
- Classification Title: Staff Nurse
- Appointment Type: SEIU
- Schedule: Full-time
- Organization: Healthcare
- Contact Name: Josie Pike
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org