Qualified candidates may be eligible for a minimum sign-on incentive of $5,000 based on years of experience!
The University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics Department of Nursing is seeking a Staff Nurse to perform specific tasks to assist members of the Nursing team in providing patient care under the direct supervision of the Nurse Manager.
Characteristic Duties of our Staff Nurses include but are not limited to:
- Applies nursing theory to the assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and evaluation of patient responses to health and illness.
- Assesses patient health care preferences and expectations.
- Collaboratively coordinates the continuum of care across settings.
- Develops patient care plan based on patient condition, age, and psychological, educational, and socioeconomic conditions that prescribes interventions to attain expected outcomes.
- Implements patient care plan according to patient priorities, which includes interventions identified through nursing diagnoses. Documents/reports interventions and patient/family response.
- Collaborates and integrates contributions of patients and families into multidisciplinary patient care plan.
- Develops, coordinates and implements transfer/discharge planning throughout episode of care.
- Implements nursing interventions according to department, division, and/or unit policies, procedures, and protocols to maintain safe environment for patients, visitors and staff. Follows universal precautions.
University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics—recognized as one of the best hospitals in the United States—is Iowa's only comprehensive academic medical center and a regional referral center. Each day more than 12,000 employees, students, and volunteers work together to provide safe, quality health care and excellent service for our patients. Simply stated, our mission is: Changing Medicine. Changing Lives.®
Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit (CVICU) (4 JCW)
The CVICU is a 24-bed medical and surgical cardiac unit caring for adults with conditions ranging from myocardial infarctions needing coronary interventions to patients who have undergone cardiac surgery such as CABG or VAD placement. Many patients in CVICU have multi-system failure needing advanced hemodynamic care. Our certifications include:
- Joint Commission Advanced Disease Specific Certification for Ventricular Assist Device
- Joint Commission Disease Specific Certification for Aortic Aneurysm
- Joint Commission Disease Specific Certification for Valve Repair and Replacement
Percent of Time: 90%Schedule: 36 hours per week, rotating Day and Night shifts, 12-hour shifts.
Rotations: Rotating days off, every other weekend, every other holiday
Salary: $52,701.00 to commensurate *This does not include inpatient or shift differentials
SEIU Pay Plan: https://hr.uiowa.edu/pay/pay-plans/seiu-pay-plan Benefits Highlights:
- Regular salaried position located in Iowa City, Iowa
- Fringe benefit package including paid vacation; sick leave; health, dental, life and disability insurance options; and generous employer contributions into retirement plans
- For more information about Why Iowa?, click here
Please attach a resume as part of the application process. Job openings are posted for a minimum of 14 calendar days. This job may be removed from posting and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended. For questions or additional information, please contact Nursing Recruitment at 319-356-2285.
Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.
- An Associate’s Degree in Nursing, a Diploma in Nursing, a Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing, Professional Masters of Nursing and Healthcare Practice (MNHP), MSN/Clinical Nurse Leader or a Master’s Degree in Nursing (MSN, MA) is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills with patients/families, nursing staff, and interdisciplinary team members as demonstrated through written and verbal interactions.
- General computer skills are required.
- A minimum of current telemetry or current cardiac step down experience or 1 year recent RN experience or completion of recent ICU internship is required.
- Current ACLS certification is desired.
- Current license to practice nursing in Iowa is required by date of hire.
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing or Masters Degree in Nursing is highly desired.
- If Baccalaureate degree in Nursing is not yet obtained, active enrollment in a BSN program is desirable.
- Classification Title: Staff Nurse
- Appointment Type: SEIU
- Schedule: Part-time
- Organization: Healthcare
- Contact Name: Josie Pike
- Contact Email: email@example.com