Endocrinology & Diabetes Center cares for patients with hormone (glandular) disorders and endocrine problems. We work with people who have thyroid disease, pituitary problems, disorders of growth and development, fertility problems, certain types of bone disease, diabetes mellitus, lipoprotein disorders and other hormone problems.
Under general supervision of the Clinical Manager and Medical Director, responsible for performing nutritional assessments as well as assessing diabetes educational needs. Plans, implements and evaluates nutritional plans and diabetes education for patients with diabetes and their family members in both individual and group settings.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent.
- License/Certifications: Current Maine State Dietician license. Registered Dietician Status by commission of Dietetic Registration. Currently certified or in process of achieving certification as a diabetes educator. Current BLS certification.
- Experience: 2 years’ experience as a practicing dietician. Experience working with computers.
- Knowledge and solid understanding of nutritional assessment including the ability to evaluate anthropometric, biochemical data and cultural, socioeconomic implications on eating habits. Practices nutritional care in accordance with the standards of the American Dietetic Association, American Diabetes Association and the American Heart Association.
- Analytical abilities necessary to evaluate and revise educational programs based upon experience and patient performance.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to conduct formal education programs to counsel patients and family members.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.