Students in this position provide coverage for the front desks in the residence halls. Shifts are usually at night (i.e. 12:00 midnight - 4:00 AM and 4:00 AM - 8:00 AM). Student should be prepared to work at least 12 nighttime hours per week.
This position is responsible for monitoring the safety and security of the residence hall, responding to student needs, providing customer service to visitors, and enforcing University policies (particularly the residence hall visitation policy). This position requires students with self-confidence and assertiveness and with a strong commitment to other students and their safety.
Specific responsibilities include:
(1) Ensuring safety & security of residential facilities
(2) Professionally enforcing policies
(3) Providing excellent customer Service
(4) Support a sense of shared community within the hall
(5) Attending and participating in regular staff meetings
(6) Attending regular one-on-one meetings with supervisor
(7) Staffing the building and the front desk at designated times