Position Summary: The Director of Quality provides direction for improvement activities of all the organization departments and ensures that these activities are coordinated, integrated, and implemented. The Director of Quality develops, encourages, and coordinates activities that support the facility in a way that maximizes quality and minimizes risk to the stake holders.
Essential Job Duties:
- Leads the Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) Program.
- Keeps the Medical Staff informed on the status of the CQI Program’s progress and activities and obtains its involvement and support.
- Works closely with the CEO or their designee.
- Engages the hospital-wide leadership group and staff in quality and performance improvement.
- Establishes and maintains strong working relationships with the executive team, Board, staff, physicians, management, vendors, and other internal and external customers.
- Conduct research into possible fraud and report on any findings.
- Investigate potential risks and assess those risks.
- Includes managing legal and insurance claims against the organization and communicating with legal counsel.
- Ensures compliance with industry standard risk management guidelines that are overseen by regulatory government agencies.
- Acts as an independent review and evaluation body to ensure that compliance Issues and concerns within the organization are being appropriately evaluated, investigated, and resolved.
- Conduct regular audits to identify potential weaknesses and noncompliance situations.
- Other duties as required.
Registered Nurse with a BSN degree is preferred; however, a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Business or related field may be considered. Three to five years healthcare experience is preferred. Experience in all or any areas of quality, risk, and compliance in the healthcare industry is ideal. Ability to analyze medical records and to conduct medical/nursing research. Knowledge and understanding of clinical organizational structure. Strong skills required: organizational, interpersonal, communication, analytical, risk assessment, computer, statistics & math, and problem-solving. Attention to detail and a high moral integrity is crucial.