$3000 Sign on Bonus for experienced RNs
$1000 at hire, $1000 at 6 months, $1000 at 1 year
Must have 1+year of experience to be eligible. Current MaineHealth member employees are ineligible; former MaineHealth Members are ineligible until greater than 6 months separation from employment.
Under the direction of physicians, this position is responsible for assisting with total patient care by performing clinical duties, responding to patient telephone inquiries, and coordinating care both at the office and at outside facilities. An RN II is the competent nurse who has at least one year of professional nursing experience in acute or ambulatory care.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: Completion of nursing training from an accredited school of nursing. BSN preferred.
- License/Certifications: Active State of Maine Nursing License or eligible for licensure. Current BLS required.
- Experience: Minimum one year of nursing experience required.
- Knowledge of nursing processes; health care systems, structure and functions; and community resources.
- Knowledge of chart/medical record documentation requirements and federal/state laws related to release of health care information.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills necessary for interacting with patients, physicians, supervisors and other staff.
- Skill in time management, problem solving, multitasking, prioritizing and medical care coordination.
- Ability to read and interpret physicians orders and notes from other providers.
- Ability to calculate and administer drug dosages and injections and measure results.
- Ability to organize and accomplish multiple tasks and to have the flexibility to meet changing demands on a daily basis.
- Ability to maintain a professional manner even under stressful situations.