Provides direction and supervision to assigned staff that are responsible for delivery of optimal food services to internal and external customers of the hospital and Parkland.
-Must have a High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
-Prefer a Bachelor's degree in Food and Nutrition, Institutional Management, or Home Economics Experience
-Must have six (6) years of relevant experience. -
-Dietetic service supervisory experience preferred.
Equivalent Education and/or Experience
-May have an equivalent combination of education and/or experience in lieu of specific education and/or experience as stated above.
Must have a certificate of completion of a food handler training course accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and/or the Texas Department of State Health Services (TXDSHS) or must obtain one within sixty (60) days of placement in the role.
Required Tests for Placement
Skills or Special Abilities
-Must have good oral, written and organizational skills.
-Must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of all supplies and equipment associated with the operations of Nutrition Services
1. Selects, trains, schedules, motivates, supervises, evaluates, and makes recommendations for disciplinary actions up to and including termination, to ensure maximum utilization of individual and group capabilities. Ensures that assigned employees receive opportunities to further their knowledge.
2. Assures correct equipment usage and monitors equipment for proper operations, temperature control and safety. Assures that sanitation and cleaning procedures are followed in food preparation, serving areas and other department areas.
3. Identifies and analyzes the design of jobs, work processes, work flows, etc. for the Food Service area and recommends and implements appropriate changes to improve effectiveness, productivity, and efficiency that support the overall goals of Nutrition Services and PHHS.
4. Maintains knowledge of applicable rules, regulations, policies, laws, Joint Commission, and guidelines that impact the Nutrition Services. Develops effective internal controls that promote adherence to applicable state/federal laws, and the program requirements of accreditation agencies and federal, state, and private health plans. Seeks advice and guidance as necessary to ensure proper understanding.
5. Stays abreast of the latest developments, advancements and trends in Nutrition Services by attending seminars/workshops, mandatory inservice sessions, reading professional journals, and/or actively participating in professional organizations, and maintaining certification. Integrates knowledge gained into current work practices.
6. Maintains a positive working relationship with PHHS customers, management, vendors, and employees, to ensure that optimal and mutual cooperation is achieved. May serve on committees or interdisciplinary teams to be a participant and contributor in achieving Nutrition Services and PHHS goals.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Nutrition, Manager, Patient Care, Healthcare Administration, Healthcare, Management