This position will be focused on providing high quality patient care, education and research for patients on our oncology, internal medicine, and med-surg units at Maine Medical Center.
Core functions may include but are not limited to the following:
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Work collaboratively as part of interdisciplinary teams to enhance the quality of medication use through optimizing drug selection, ensuring safe medication use, and reduced drug expenditures.
- Assessment of the appropriateness of therapeutics
- Provide alternative regimens as needed
- Integrate laboratory and clinical data to assess clinical progression related to therapeutics
- Identify drug interactions and pharmacokinetic issues
- Communicate directly with patients and/or their families on all aspects related to oncology, internal medicine, and med-sur pharmacotherapy in promoting high levels of knowledge, engagement, and adherence.
- Serve as a resource for drug information during and after rounds to healthcare givers.
- Demonstrate commitment to supporting our pharmacy student and residency programs (PGY-1 Pharmacists and PGY-2 pharmacists)
Education: Graduate of an ACCP accredited school/college of pharmacy is required.
License/Certifications: Eligible or currently licensed in the State of Maine.
Experience: Work experience as a patient care pharmacist involved in patient monitoring and drug therapy review is preferred. Experience in an organized healthcare setting such as a hospital or home infusion pharmacy is preferred. Experience in the monitoring and consultation on drug therapy in patients of all age groups.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
Analytical skills necessary to identify and resolve problems related to drug therapy.
Maine Medical Center is a Magnet designated 606-bed tertiary care and teaching institution. MMC is Maine's largest hospital and a state-wide health care resource. MMC offers outstanding career opportunities and quality of life in Portland.