An Emergency Room Clerk is a part of a dynamic emergency department team where you will work directly with clinicians and patients to aid in their stay. It is a fast paced and busy environment where you will greet, admit and visit patients in their rooms as appropriate to complete the below tasks.
· Obtains signatures, verifies identification and insurance eligibility, obtains copies of insurance cards and completes forms as required by state and federal regulations.
· Admits patients and transfers appropriate paperwork.
· Involves interactions with doctors, nurses and other hospital personnel that requires strict patient confidentiality.
· Assists patients with handling clerical problems and resolving any issues such as adding new insurance information.
· Hospital will provide extensive on-the-job training regarding our policies and procedures and knowledge of basic medical terminology will be trained.
· Good interpersonal skills are essential, as well as empathy for people in crisis.
· This person should be able to handle multiple tasks at once, prioritize work and manage interruptions easily.
· SCHEDULE: 3am-3pm or 3pm-3am on an “as needed” or on-call basis (DIFFERENTIALS INCLUDED)
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
MaineHealth is a health system whose members and affiliates include hospitals, physician practices, long-term care facilities, home care agencies, and support services. Learn more about this system at www.mainehealth.org