This position is eligible for a Sign-On Bonus and Relocation Assistance:
Southern Maine Health Care (SMHC) is a nationally-accredited, award-winning, not-for-profit health care system. We deliver a wide range of high-quality medical services including:
- Biddeford Medical Center: Full-service medical center with a 24/7 Emergency Department.
- Sanford Medical Center: York County’s only inpatient behavioral health units with a 24/7 Emergency Department.
- More than 20 offices in Biddeford, Kennebunk, Saco, and Sanford with primary care, specialty care, diagnostic and rehabilitation services.
- Walk-In care centers in Kennebunk, Saco, Sanford and Waterboro.
- Integrated behavioral health services.
- SMHC is Joint Commission accredited, state-licensed, and is part of the MaineHealth family. Learn more about SMHC accreditations, certifications and affiliations.
The Surgical Technologist's responsibilities involve preparing the operating room and instruments, equipment and supplies that will be needed, as well as passing instruments, sponges and sutures to surgeons. Implicit in this assignment is the responsibility to promote positive, effective communication with all team members.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Graduate of an accredited school of surgical technology preferred.
- Certification as a Surgical Technologist is preferred.
- Previous experience as a Surgical Tech preferred.
- 2-3 years experience in ophthalmology preferred for the Sanford Campus only.
- Minimum of six months having the responsibilities/activities of the scrub role in the academic or clinical setting preferred.
- Demonstrates the ability to provide quality patient care while communicating effectively with members of the surgical team.