Position Summary/Essential Duties:
- Establishes and maintains a collaborative relationship with community Emergency Department and Urgent Care leadership and education coordinators (including Pediatric Emergency Care Coordinators (PECCs).
- Works collaboratively with an interdisciplinary team of providers, nurses, clinical support staff and patient/patient families, to help identify, implement and optimize patient outcomes at sites across the University Hospital system and any contracted partners.
- Responsible for the coordination of approved pediatric education modules developed by Rainbow education resources. Ensures education maintains alignment with current evidence/literature. Supports a network of PECCs for this work.
- In collaboration with education coordinators, this role will review completed learning needs assessments and assist in alignment of education delivery methods accordingly. Role assists in the initial competency validation, but ongoing competency will be maintained at the unit level.
- In collaboration with education coordinators and community nurse managers, role will review completed learning needs assessment and assist in alignment of education delivery methods. Collaborates to ensure presence of multi-disciplinary, multi-provider development of pediatric education plans. Supports the measurement of initial and ongoing competency validation to be performed and maintained at the unit level.
- Participates in the review of current educational resources and assists in the identification of potential educational gaps. Collaborates with key stakeholders to escalate concern. Collaboratively assists with identification of potential solutions.
- Extracts, summarizes and analyzes (in partnership with data analysts) clinical and operational data (process measures and outcomes) as requested through multiple venues. Must maintain access to multiple data sources for aggregation and processing of data. Identifies opportunities for improvement, and facilitates quality improvement initiatives that align with the Rainbow pediatric system and/or the University Hospital system quality mission and vision. Utilizes analytics to drive quality improvement. Responsible for tracking and reporting outcomes to key stake holders.
- Active participant in formal quality and safety review process related to standards of care of patients within the pediatric community ED/UC sites. Work will emphasize need for adherence to current published/Rainbow endorsed practice standards and will assist in offering coordination of necessary education or resource efforts when areas of deviation from standard are determined to be present.
- In collaboration with Rainbow Quality infrastructure and clinical team members, this role will help to develop performance improvement initiatives as determined to be necessary to meet the needs of patients, families and organizational stakeholders. This nurse will utilize the key principles embedded within the nursing process and crew resource
- management (CRM) as well as improvement science (QI) strategies to drive improved processes and outcomes.
- Develops a systematic process for collaborating and communicating with community locations to build partnerships. Predictable inquiry r/t staff readiness/preparedness and patient needs will be paramount to growth and information sharing. Ensure that concerns that are shared from the community level (escalated up) are reviewed and addressed and that outcomes are disseminated (reporting back) appropriately.
- Participation in QI Rainbow Networks activities (Rainbow Emergency Services Network, OB Newborn Network and Rainbow Primary Care Institute). Scope will include participation in monthly to quarterly meetings and linking of data or QI activities across the networks in collaboration with other QI organizational structures.
Education/Expertise: BSN required; Master’s Degree Preferred
Experience & Knowledge:
- 3-5 years of Pediatric Emergency Room Nursing Experience preferred
- 2 years inpatient nursing experience required
- Excellent communication skills
- Quality Improvement related experience
- Self-motivated team member with optimal organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Analytics/data management
Required Credentials, License and/or Certifications:
RN with current license to practice in Ohio