Provides supervision and close observation of selected patients for identified behaviors that are potentially hazardous to self or others, (i.e., moderate to high risk of injury, elopement risk, or suicide risk).
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D. required.
- License/Certifications: Basic Life Support required.
- De-escalation training within one (1) month of hire.
- Basic and advanced dementia training within one (1) week of hire.
- Complete call bell and alarm training.
- Experience: Three (3) months of related experience preferred (i.e., Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), Medical Assistant (MA), Emergency Department (ED) Tech, Mental Health Worker, Surgical Tech, Endoscopy Tech, or Registered Nurse (RN). In addition, Nursing or Allied Health students with completion of coursework in field of study will be considered.).
- Handling of patients including lifts rolls transfers, etc. with the use of mandatory Safe Patient Handling Equipment.
- Ability to perform CPR and respond to emergency situations including potential takedowns or restraints.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and write English language
- Manual dexterity.
- Moderate physical effort: Physical mobility with ability to lift, push, or pull up to 35 pounds. Walking, standing, sitting for prolonged periods.
- Ability to appropriately wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).