MMC Surgery Administration- Advance Practice Manager
- Position Summary
- The Department of Surgery is the home department for a large multispecialty group of highly dedicated and skilled advance practice professional (APPs), specifically nurse practitioners and physician assistants. The APP manager is a key member of the leadership team and will work closely and collaboratively with the division director. The individual in this role will maintain regular clinical practice while leading, guiding and coordinating operational aspects of the assigned clinical teams including credentialing, scheduling, performance management, as well as regulatory and training activities. In addition he/she will lead the talent acquisition, engagement and retention efforts. He/she will also be heavily involved in quality improvement initiatives throughout the division.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Master's degree required.
- Licensure by the State of Maine as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant with current certification by a nationally accredited certifying body to include AANP, ANCC, AAPA; with extensive experience across multiple surgical domains
- Two to three years of administrative and clinical responsibility; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Ability to manage an intraprofessional team to achieve divisional goals
- Knowledge of HR management practices including staff development
- Attention to detail as well as advanced critical thinking, organizational, analytical and prioritizations skills
- Demonstrated project management experience, including fundamentals of clinical quality management and monitoring
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and Access (or the equivalent)
- Demonstrated strategic thinking, planning abilities and the ability to lead both through influence and direct authority
- Excellent communication, presentation, and meeting facilitation skills with the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Analytical and critical thinking skills necessary to evaluate and to execute strategic initiatives, to recommend changes, and then to implement processes in accordance with service line initiatives.
- Interpersonal communication skills associated with developing and maintain relationships throughout the organization as well as the necessary skills to influence, negotiate, and resolve problems effectively as it related to providing coordination, direction and oversite to the team of specialized professionals
- Recognition of the value and unique opportunities that the research and education mission of MMC bring to optimizing performance improvement as well as the patient care experience.
- Knowledge of performance improvement tools utilized to broadly advance clinical care
- Familiarity with patient safety reporting software
Maine Medical Center is a Magnet designated 606-bed tertiary care and teaching institution. MMC is Maine's largest hospital and a state-wide health care resource. MMC offers outstanding career opportunities and quality of life in Portland.