The Division of Nephrology, Bone and Mineral Metabolism at the University of Kentucky (UK) is seeking an innovative, academic and clinically focused nephrologist to assume the role of Medical Director of Kidney Transplantation. This individual would join us at the Full Professor or Associate Professor level. UK has a growing transplant program that performed 113 kidney transplants in FY20, 110 transplants in FY19, and enjoys an ever-increasing referral base.
The clinical duties will consist of both inpatient and outpatient clinical professional services at the University of Kentucky Chandler Medical Center. Other responsibilities include transplant-oriented research, quality assurance and improvement, medical administration, professional recruitment, participation in Transplant, Division, Department and hospital medical staff meetings. There are ample opportunities to build a research program pursuing interests of the applicant. This faculty position is expected to contribute to the research and overall academic mission of the Department of Internal Medicine and the Division of Nephrology, Bone and Mineral Metabolism and will participate in the teaching of medical students, residents and fellows.
The University of Kentucky Medical Center is a premier research institution in the Commonwealth serving a wide geographic area, treating patients throughout Kentucky, neighboring states, and beyond, providing the opportunity for large practice growth. 2020-2021 marks the fifth consecutive year that UK HealthCare was listed the number one regional hospital in Kentucky by the U.S. News & World Report's national rankings. The Division of Nephrology, Bone and Mineral Metabolism has been listed as high-performing on the national level for the last three consecutive years.
This position will provide an opportunity for advancement with generous benefit package including:
• Professional Development funding
• Relocation Assistance
• Malpractice Insurance
• 200% 403b retirement match
• Educational Benefits for family members
• Over 4 weeks of vacation plus 12 paid holidays and bonus days
• Productivity Bonus opportunities
• J1 Visa assistance
Rank and compensation commensurate with experience.
The University of Kentucky http://www.uky.edu/ is located in Lexington, KY in the heart of the Bluegrass. Visit http://www.visitlex.com/ for more information as well as this video which highlights our vibrant community, https://vimeo.com/302892787.
• Lexington ranks 10th among US cities in college education rate.
• 4th best city for “Businesses and Careers” by Forbes Magazine. 5th best city for “Young Professionals” and 6th best “Value Cities” by Kiplinger.
• A bustling arts community, Lexington is home to a professional orchestra, two ballet companies, professional theatre, several museums, several choral organizations and a highly respected opera program.
• Home to a Class A minor league baseball team.
• It is the horseracing capital of the world with two horse racing tracks.
• Lexington has over 100 parks and with National parks nearby, they invite ample outdoor activities with hiking, boating, fishing, hunting, and camping locally or within a short hour drive or less.
• Outstanding childhood education with nationally-ranked private and public grade schools and high schools.
Interested, qualified, candidates with questions may contact: Hartmut H. Malluche, MD, Professor, Chief of Nephrology, Bone and Mineral Metabolism firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply, please include a CV and cover letter along with application. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and continue until the position is filled.