Performs specified patient care activities under the direction of a Registered Nurse and is committed to the provision of patient centered/patient valued care.
- Must have completed a formal nurse aide course; OR,
- Must hold a current certified nurse aide registry; OR
- Must hold a current medical assistant certificate; OR
- Must be a currently enrolled in an accredited school of professional nursing and must have documentation of basic fundamentals of nursing from the school; OR,
-Must be a graduate from an accredited school of nursing; OR,
- Must successfully complete Parkland's 8-week job specific training program.
- Must have a current Heartsaver CPR course completion card within 90 days of hire and/or placement in job from one of the following:
*American Heart Association
*American Red Cross Rescuer
*Military Training Network.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must be able to demonstrate basic patient care skills and skill in the use of supplies and assigned equipment.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with departmental personnel of other departments, nurses, physicians, patients and families.
- Must be able to demonstrate patient centered/patient valued behaviors.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Medical, Patient Care, Registered Nurse, Nursing, Medical Assistant, Healthcare