Provides care to assigned patient population in accordance with established protocols and multidisciplinary plan of care utilizing independent, dependent, and interdependent interventions to restore stability, prevent complications, and achieve and maintain optimal patient responses for all patients through patient centered/patient valued care.
Education: - Must be a graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
Experience: - Must have two (2) years of Medical Surgical experience and completed an approved Post Anesthesia Residency Program OR - Must have two (2) years of experience in PACU setting and demonstrate proficiency in a high acuity PCAU environment OR - Must have two (2) years of recent ICU experience and completed an approved Critical Care Residency Program.
- Must have current RN license or valid temporary permit with the Texas Board of Nursing or valid Compact RN license.
- Must have current healthcare provider CPR course completion card from one of the following: o American Heart Association o American Red Cross Rescuer o Military Training Network. - Must have current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification.
Incumbents in the position on 4/17/2013 will have until 7/17/2013 to become certified.
Anyone hired or placed in the position after 4/17/2013 must have current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification.
- Must have Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification or obtain within 90 days of placement into the role. Incumbents in the position on 4/17/2013 will have until 7/17/2013 to become certified.
Required Tests for Placement: - External candidates must pass (80% or above) PACU's assigned challenge exam(s). - Internal candidates changing specialties must pass (80% or above) PACU's assigned challenge exam(s).
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Provides care to assigned patient population in accordance with the current State of Texas Nurse Practice Act, established protocols, multidisciplinary plan of care, and clinical area specific standards.
- Applicants must pass Medication Examination prior to hospital orientation. Current Parkland employees requesting reassignment to role must have current Mediation Examination on file.
- Provides continuous assessment, consults with other team members as required and provides nursing care which demonstrates patient centered/patient valued care.
- Exercises independent judgment in providing nursing care.
- Must be able to demonstrate effective interpersonal skills and possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with patients, families, and hospital staff in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to provide direction to non-nursing staff, serve as a preceptor, and function independently as a charge nurse.
- Must demonstrate clinical proficiency in the post anesthesia care.
- Must be able to prepare and conduct in-service educational programs.
- Must be able to demonstrate patient centered/patient valued behaviors.
- As applicable, will be required to demonstrate acceptable knowledge of nursing standards of care for specialty care area.
- Integrates national nursing organization resources/standards of practice in decision making and educational/performance improvement projects.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Medical, Nursing, Medical Technologist, Patient Care, Registered Nurse, Healthcare