Parkland Community Health Plan's (PCHP's) Healthcare Management Trainer is responsible for the development and delivery of training programs across the Health Services division. Collaborates with leaders to identify training needs and delivers a training plan complete with materials, tutorials, instructions and learning resources. Oversees and audits the effectiveness of the training programs and identifies solutions to challenges to ensure successful implementation in coordination with Health Services' standards.
- Bachelor's degree is required.
- Master's degree in nursing, public health, health care administration, business administration, or education is preferred.
- Three (3) years of experience in design, development, delivery, and evaluation of training programs in a health care or related setting.
- Experience in managed care is preferred.
- Experience with medical management standards, auditing processes, and requirements is preferred.
Equivalent Education and/or Experience - May have an equivalent combination of education and experience to substitute for the experience requirements.
- A current, unrestricted RN license to practice Nursing in the state of Texas (or compact license) is preferred.
Skills or Special Abilities
- Proficiency in creating training plans, course syllabus, training materials, and job specific orientations and present them in a clear and organized fashion to adult learners.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to adapt to the target audience.
- Experience with the creation of training materials and desk top procedures.
- Ability to develop and interpret reports using spreadsheet functions, such as formulas, graphs and formatting.
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex and conflicting information.
- Proficient in the use of utilization management, case management, reporting and other documentation software.
- Ability to develop and foster positive interpersonal relationships to effectively communicate and engage all levels of stakeholders.
- Proficient in medical and managed care terminology.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Strong coaching and mentoring behaviors to learners utilizing effective feedback and motivational support techniques.
- Oversees the design, development, implementation, and review of new training content leveraging creative and appropriate presentation methods for a wide range of adult learners.
- Writes effective learning objectives and coordinates performance assessments to measure training effectiveness.
- Collaborates and delivers inter and intra-departmental training sessions.
- Completes all relevant Train the Trainer courses and disseminates information in an organized and understandable fashion.
- Conducts training for on-boarding staff as well as continuous ongoing training for employees across the Health Services division.
- Maintains training records that include attendance, course materials, syllabus, and certificates of completion.
- Provides hands-on systems training. - Creates and updates desk level procedures, workflows, and other training tools.
- Collaborates with leaders on identified needs based on training and provides input to system and process changes.
- Assists with data collection for reports and identifies trends for training needs.
1. Identifies ways to improve work processes and improve customer satisfaction. Makes recommendations to supervisor, implements, and monitors results as appropriate in support of the overall goals of PCHP.
2. Stays abreast of the latest developments, advancements, and trends in the field by attending seminars/workshops, reading professional journals, actively participating in professional organizations, and/or maintaining certification or licensure. Integrates knowledge gained into current work practices.
3. Maintains knowledge of applicable rules, regulations, policies, laws and guidelines that impact the area. Develops effective internal controls designed to promote adherence with applicable laws, accreditation agency requirements, and customer requirements. Seeks advice and guidance as needed to ensure proper understanding.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Medical, Manager, Patient Care, Public Health, Nursing, Healthcare, Management