LincolnHealth, a member of the MaineHealth System, is recruiting for a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (NP), Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) in the Primary Care Outpatient Practice in Damariscotta, ME.
At Maine Health you will experience the exceptional and rewarding lifestyle only Maine can offer.
Duties and Responsibilities of the job
Under the direction of a physician and/or Medical Director, this NP’s responsibilities include co-management of caseloads with the patients’ primary clinician and the care team.
- Complete diagnostic evaluation and health screening.
- Prescribe medical treatment within scope of practice.
- Provide on-going medication assessment, education and management.
- Provide therapeutic treatment in face to face and tele-psychiatric evaluations.
- Develop and record a plan for effective and timely treatment for patients in a community based setting.
- Respond to medical emergencies and determine need for transfer to accepting facility in collaboration with psychiatric care when needed
- Complete medical records timely per policy
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Master's degree as Advanced Nurse Practitioner
- Valid license as a Nurse Practitioner by the Maine State Board of Nursing and qualified to do psychiatric evaluations and medication management
- Advanced skill and knowledge in conducting psychiatric evaluations and treating psychiatric patients.
- Specific credentialing criteria needed if working in the hospital as defined by Medical Staff By-Laws.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience as a PMHNP
- Competitive salary base
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Paid time off
- Annual CME allowance
- Collaborative work in a multidisciplinary team
Damariscotta is set amidst Maine’s legendary coastal region, with miles of oceanfront, rivers and streams, mountains and thousands of acres of forested woodlands. With countless healthy activities to fill every season, if you love the outdoors you’ll love it here with us!