Performs specified patient care activities to assigned COPC patient population under the direction of the Nurse Manager and Healthcare Provider and is committed to the provision of patient centered/patient valued care.
- Must have completed training through an accredited Medical Assistant training program.
- Must have a current Heartsaver CPR course completion card within 90 days of hire and/or placement in job.rom one of the following:
o American Heart Association
o American Red Cross Rescuer
o Military Training Network.
- Medical Assistant Certification preferred
- Must have current DSHS Hearing & Vision Screening Certificate within 90 days of hire and/or placement in job.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must pass the Medical Assistant Examination prior to employment with a minimum score of 83%.
- Must be able to demonstrate basic patient skills and skill in the use of supplies and assigned equipment.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with patients, families, and PHHS staff.
- Must be able to demonstrate patient centered/patient valued behaviors.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Irving
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Job Segment: Medical, Medical Assistant, Patient Care, Healthcare Administration, Nurse Management, Healthcare