As a Health Unit Coordinator, you will:
• Perform general clerical, secretarial, and unit clerk duties in accordance with PrairieCare’s established procedures
• Transcribe physician orders
• Coordinate general activities of the Inpatient Unit
• High School diploma
• Health Unit Coordinator/Medical Secretary certificate or two year degree preferred
• At least one year work experience in a Health Unit Coordinator or Medical Secretary position
• Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Ability to multitask and prioritize while accepting various requests from staff members
• Ability to display a professional attitude and maintain confidentiality
PrairieCare is a physician-owned and operated psychiatric healthcare system experiencing rapid growth in the Twin Cities. With multiple sites across the Twin Cities, PrairieCare has quickly grown to become one of the State’s largest providers of mental health services to children, adolescents and their families.
PrairieCare does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability or age in admissions, treatment or participation in its programs, services and activities or employment. PrairieCare is an Affirmative Action Employer/Equal Opportunity Employer supporting Veterans, Disabled and other protected individuals and is committed to a diverse workforce. Offers of employment from PrairieCare are conditional and contingent upon successful clearance of all background studies.