Memorial Surgery Center provides out patient surgery services including Orthopedics, Podiatry, ENT, General Surgery, Plastics and Opthalmology. We are currently seeking a full time Surgical Scrub Technician to join our team. Competitive benefits, no nights, weekends, holidays or call.
Anticipates the needs of the surgical team. Establishes and maintains sterile field during surgical procedures in the operating room. This position reports to the Operating Room Manager.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities innclude the following:
1. Ensures sterility of all supplies and instruments during set up of surgical procedures.
2. Assists circulating nurse and surgical team in maintaining sterile environment.
3. Assists circulating nurse in gathering necessary surgical supplies and equipment.Is responsible for doing sponge, needle, and instrument count pre-operatively and intra-operative with the circulating nurse.
4. Gowns and gloves surgeons and assistants.
5. Assists in keeping physician preference cards accurate/updated.
6. Retains all specimens to be sent to pathology, confirming source/name of specimen with surgeon.
7. Transports all surgical equipment to appropriate cleaning areas. Assists in sterile supply with cleaning and reprocessing of instrument sets.
8. Interacts appropriately and effectively with all patients/others regardless of age or ethnic background.
9. Uses Standard Universal Precautions, appropriate hand hygiene, personal protective equipment, and safe practices to ensure personal safety and a safe environment.
10. Assists with environmental hazard and infection control surveillance and participates in emergency preparedness drills.
11. Follows all equipment and safety guidelines and is responsible for knowledgeable use and care of equipment.
12. Serves as a resource to other members of the health care team.
13. Attends inservices, conferences, and meetings as required.
14. Communicates effectively and courteously with visitors, physicians, and their office staffs, patients, and employees. Maintains patient, physician, and employee privacy and confidentiality per policy.
15. Maintains designated certifications such as CPR, as offered by the center.
16. Acts in accordance with the vision, mission, and business philosophy of the Center.
17. Complies with Policies and Procedures, and adheres to safety guidelines to ensure a safe work and patient care environment.
Certification from an accredited Surgical Scrub Technologist program
2 years prior experience
Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
Tulsa Outpatient Surgery Ctr (11991)
Company Location Description
Employment Type (feed only)