RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
1. Maintains the standard of nursing care and carries out the policies and procedures
of the hospital and nursing department.
2. Assesses the patient's condition and nursing needs, set goals, prescribes appropriate
nursing actions to meet those goals and the physical, psychological, social and
rehabilitation needs of the patient, including discharge planning assistance.
3. Reports pertinent observations and reactions regarding patient(s) to the appropriate
person and records those observations accurately, concisely, completely and timely.
4. Assigns nursing care and other duties to team members in accordance with patient
needs and the personnel's capabilities and qualifications.
5. Initiates team conferences in development of individualized nursing care plans.
6. Administers patient medications and treatment as prescribed by physician orders.
7. Directs, supervises and evaluates nursing care provided to patients.
8. Assists physicians with special tests and procedures as needed.
9. Orders supplies and ensures that equipment is maintained in a clean and safe
10. Participates in orientation of new employees as necessary.
11. Assists team members in giving patient care and/or administers direct care when
professional nursing skills and judgment are needed.
12. Coordinates and assists in nursing care of patients when scheduled for therapy or
procedures by other departments.
13. Establish and maintain communications and utilizes teaching opportunities with
patients and other involved employees and other individuals.
14. Assists with, or institutes emergency measures for sudden adverse developments in
patient reactions and condition such as cardiac arrest.
15. Participates in the maintenance of a clean and safe work environment.
16. Attends and actively participates in committees for improvement of nursing care.
17. Maintains open communications and promotes cooperation between the nursing
department and all other hospital departments.
18. Maintains patient confidentiality
19. Serves as the liaison between doctors, patients, families and the hospital.
20. Attends all mandatory in-services.
JOB SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
1. Must hold a current and valid Registered Nurse license in the State Of Louisiana.
2. Must be able to communicate proficiently, both orally and with written.
3. Must have the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as per cents, doses,
volumes, and proportions. Basic concepts of algebra and geometry required.
4. Must have the ability to reason and solve practical problems and manage a variety of
situations only limited standardization exists. Must have the ability to interpret a
variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
5. Must have current BLS.
6. ACLS, PALS, and NRP preferred based on position.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
It is the policy of Franklin Foundation Hospital to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, or any other regard as required by law.
This policy relates to recruitment, employment, placement, layoffs and recall, promotion/demotion, discipline, transfer, termination, rates of pay and/or all other forms of compensation, training and development, use of facilities, and participation in hospital sponsored activities.
Franklin Foundation Hospital is an alcohol and drug free workplace. As a condition of employment all candidates must undergo and pass a post-offer drug screen. Failure to participate in the mandatory drug screen will void all offers of employment.
Department: 007 - NURSERY
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position