RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNT ABILITIES:
1. Maintains accurate and complete legible records of nursing and observation of patients.
2. Notifies doctor and supervisor of any changes in patients' condition.
3. Maintains patient confidentiality of all information.
4. Works in cooperation with other staff members to provide uniform and complete patient
5. Acts as a liaison between doctors, patients, families and the hospital.
6. Accepts, interprets and carries out nursing department policies and procedures, as well
as those policies issued by Human Resources and Administration as they apply to
patients and family members.
7. Utilizes appropriate lines of authority when communicating problems, concerns, conflicts,
8. Must demonstrate sensitivity to patient's comfort and privacy, and show interest in their
9. Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational
programs, current literature, in-service meetings, and workshops.
10. Attends meetings as required.
11. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
JOB SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
1. Must hold a current LPN license registered in the State of Louisiana.
2. Must be certified and hold a current CPR certificate.
3. Must have sufficient previous clinical in areas of assignment.
4. Must have sound communication, both verbal and written.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
It is the policy of Franklin Foundation Hospital to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, or any other regard as required by law.
This policy relates to recruitment, employment, placement, layoffs and recall, promotion/demotion, discipline, transfer, termination, rates of pay and/or all other forms of compensation, training and development, use of facilities, and participation in hospital sponsored activities.
Franklin Foundation Hospital is an alcohol and drug free workplace. As a condition of employment all candidates must undergo and pass a post-offer drug screen. Failure to participate in the mandatory drug screen will void all offers of employment.
Department: 007 - NURSERY
This is a non-management position
This is a prn position