A CHANS Home Health & Hospice (CHANS) Intake Nurse’s role has three equal parts. They require excellent customer service skills, technology proficiency, and clinical competency. This employee is often the first contact with CHANS Home Health & Hospice (CHANS). They empower clinicians in patient care and service delivery. They also work closely with leadership, and other staff in their duties. It is paramount that they represent the agency in a courteous, caring and professional manner per our C.A.R.E. standards.
Primary roles include: receiving all agency referrals and coordinating initial service requests. Providing information about CHANS services to referral sources and general inquiries. Triage and processes clinical orders as received. Acts as a resource to CHANS clinicians, physicians’ offices, third- party payers, clinics and hospitals.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: N/A.
- License/Certifications: RN or LPN degree from NLN accredited program. Current Maine nursing license.
- Experience: experience in home healthcare preferred including knowledge of community resources and hospital discharge planning process
- Exceptional customer service skills including ability to demonstrate effective professional communication and interpersonal skills with a wide variety of individuals internal and external to agency.
- Verified technology and computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office, including, Word, Excel and Outlook
- Proven team player with who can develop and maintain positive relationships.
- Ideal candidate is a pro-active problem solver who is solutions focused.
- Strong accuracy, organizational, and efficiency skills.
- Ability to navigate and quickly learn multiple application and software technologies.
- Ability to multi-task and manage workload under pressure effectively.
- Ability to readily adapt to changes in processes related to new or changing regulations and best practices
- Familiarity with third-party reimbursement regulations.