Jefferson County Health Center is looking for candidates to fill our fulltime and part-time Registration Representative openings in our Business Office Admissions, JCHC Clinics Registration, and Emergency departments. Please apply online on our Careers page.
Perform all functions of reception, scheduling, patient registration and collection of co-payment and/or patient due balances in an accurate timely manner. Assist in duties of business office functions of scanning, faxing, and system workques.
Reports to JCHC Clinics Registration/Scheduling Manager
POSITION SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS:
- Responsible for prompt, courteous reception and processing of all patients presenting to the clinic.
- Obtains correct and pertinent information required to complete the registration process in a timely manner.
- Make patients feel comfortable and welcome in the office.
- Obtain signatures pertinent to the registration process.
- Obtain insurance coverage and verify insurance eligibility by sources available.
- Attempt to collect co-payment for current visit and patient due balance if applicable.
- Perform entry of collected payment(s) into the computer system using the cash drawer function.
- Daily balance of individual cash drawer for accuracy.
- Verify and update all demographic information.
- Answer the telephone promptly, courteously and professionally.
- Route calls and/or take messages when appropriate.
- Ask pertinent questions to schedule appointments appropriately using established scheduling guidelines. Accurately enter patient appointments into computer system.
- Scan patient information accurately to patient’s medical record using appropriate scan matrix rules for documentation type and description labeling.
- Shares in responsibility of workque assignments.
- Attends all required health center meetings and in-services.
- Performs other related duties as requested or required.
Very good. Inside temperature controlled, well-lit working environment. Workstations meet ergonomic standards to avoid strain and injury.
PHYSICAL DEMAND CHARACTERISTICS OF WORK:
0-33% of the workdayFrequent
34-66% of the workdayConstant
67-100% of the workdayTypical Energy RequiredSEDENTARY10 LBSNegligibleNegligible1.5 – 2.1 METSLIGHT20 lbs10 lbsNegligible2.2 – 3.5 METSMEDIUM20 to 50 lbs10 to 25 lbs10 lbs3.6 – 6.3 METSHEAVY50 to 100 lbs25 to 50 lbs10 to 20 lbs6.6 – 7.5 METSVERY HEAVYOver 100 lbsOver 50 lbsOver 20 lbsOver 7.5 METSTypical Energy Required1 lift/rep/
30 minutes1 lift/rep/
2 minutes1 lift/rep/
- Thorough knowledge and comprehension of established clinic office procedures and routines.
- Must have command of typing and use of an adding machine.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds and occasionally assist in transportation of patients.
- Strong analytical, oral and written communication skill.
- Learns quickly from oral and written instructions.
- Ability to keep financial records and performs mathematical tasks.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Understands the ethics of confidentiality and can be trusted with confidential information.
- Good organization skills with ability to work independently in fast pace environment.
- Tact, diplomacy, well-groomed appearance, with pleasant personality.
- Ability to communicate well with people in personal contact and on the phone calmly, politely and quickly.
- Can effectively promote feeling of cooperation and concern in dealing with patients, employers and insurance companies.
- Can effectively act as a liaison between patients, nurses and physicians.
High School Diploma required.
Medical Assistant Program completion or one to two years college is preferred.
Experience in medical office inclusive of provider scheduling desirable.
Knowledge of medical terminology, insurance entry and eligibility processes helpful.
Experience with automated systems and knowledge of various PC programs including Microsoft Word and Excel preferred.