- The Med/Surg Registered Nurse (RN) coordinates total nursing care for patients ranging in age from infants to the elderly, as appropriate to discipline.
- Participates in patient and family teaching and provides leadership by working cooperatively with ancillary nursing and other members of the health care team in maintaining standards for professional nursing practice.
- Part time, 24 hour/week position; rotating day/night shift with generous shift differential.
- Excellent MaineHealth benefits package including medical, dental, vision, Paid Time Off, retirement, life & disability insurance, paid family leave, and more!
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in nursing preferred.
- License/Certifications: Active State of NH or Compact Registered Nursing license. Current BCLS and ACLS. Other certifications specific to department policies may be required.
- Experience: Two years’ experience in Med Surg or critical care setting preferred.
- Knowledge of nursing processes; structure and functions.
- Knowledge of chart/medical record documentation and terminology requirements and federal/state laws related to release of health care information.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills necessary for interacting with patients, physicians, supervisors and other staff.
- Skill in time management, problem solving, multitasking, prioritizing and medical care coordination.
- Ability to calculate and administer drug dosages and injections and measure results.
- Ability to respond the changing workload based on patient census and to direct, supervise and evaluate care in order to individualize nursing care provided to patients.
- Ability to maintain professional manner even under stressful situations.
- Proficient computer skills.
For more information on career opportunities at Memorial Hospital, contact Beth Carpenter, Senior Recruiter/Talent Acquisition Partner at firstname.lastname@example.org or (603) 356-4939.